Originally Posted By: olivant
There's nothing new coming out of this debate so far.

Reading the transcripts, so yeah I don't know the context but four things stood out:

(1) Newt was asked about Gen. Dempsey (Chairman of the JCS) recently arguing that an Israeli pre-emptive stirke on Iran wouldn't be "prudent." Newt pretty much says the military don't know what they're talking about, he trusts Netanyahu more than the JCS. The other candidates (sans Paul) seem to agree. Total rerun of Iraq. How depressing.

(2) Mittens (yes Romney) saying twice that Iran plans to give a nuke to Hezbollah, who'll take it down to Mexico, and detonate it inside America's borders. Weird because wasn't the Latin American/Middle East terrorist "connection" a former Santorum campaign line?

Even if you favor a war w/ Iran, do you even believe this apocalyptic scenario? Israel a target of a nuclear Iran? OK I can understand that. But America? No sorry, no sale.

(3) I give Santorum props for calling out on Mittens' hypocrisy regarding his Olympic games which got federal earmarked and pegging him dead to rights as Dukakis 2.0 when Mittens brought up his fiscal conservative record. ("Dukakis balanced the budget for 10 years. Does that mean he should've been President? I don't think so.") Ouch.

(4) Mittens saying RomneyCare never mandated birth control coverage. Liar Liar...