Originally Posted By: Lilo
The latest Waxpoetics magazine covers Prince and his impact on music.
Articles include interviews and analysis with Frank Ocean, Alan and Gwen Leeds, Larry Graham, Morris Day, Jesse Johnson, Questlove, The Family, and several others.

Thanks for the heads-up Lilo. I'll try to get a copy, but like everything else, I'll probably end up reading them when they're copy/pasted on-line on one of the fan boards. I especially want to read Questlove's essay.

Last year he told an adecdote to Rolling Stone about working with Prince who had this cuss jar at the studio, dime a bad word. Questlove replied: "Mother fucker, do you know how much hell my parents gave me because of you?" lol I thank him for recommending THE FAMILY record, which I've found and enjoyed at YouTube.

Anyway, on that topic of His Royal Badness (or Baldness?), his former drummer Bobby Z on sunday is apparently hosting a charity benefit concert this weekend for the American Heart Association (Z suffered a heart attack last year) at the 1st Avenue Club in Minneapolis reuniting his former Revolution bandmates. Apparently Questlove will be there to do his post-show DJ set.

The only member MIA is of course Prince, even though from this article Bobby Z seems to be diplomatically hedging his bets that he might change his mind.

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/139481378.html

~He did give them the legal clearance to use the "Revolution" moniker, which he didn't for The Time and The Family. It's also at the friggin PURPLE RAIN club. Which all means absolutely nothing, but I'm obligated to still note the obvious.