Nick, You are correct about the docks in New York. However, I completely disagree with you about the Union activity in general. Chicago had tremendous power within the unions in Chicago. In Fact, a couple of the Chicago Outfit bosses like Vince Solano & Albert Tocco were actually presidents of a couple of unions! Joey Lombardo ( One of the former Top bosses of the Outfit) Literally financed some htels in Las Vegas with the Teamsters. The teamsters Union was the fucking Bank for the Outfit. The outfit today is still strong with the unions. John DiFronzo is the Boss of the extended Elmwood Park Group and the top Boss of the Outfit. His Brother, Pete DiFronzo, is very strong with the unions. in Fact, I would say Union activity ( Construction) along with Bookmaking & Poker machines, is still fairly strong in Chicago. Loan Sharking is down from before because the guys are too afraid that some juice loan victims willl run to the feds too easily. There has been very few Outfit related murders in Chicago in the last 12 years since 2000. I'd say say maybe 3.