Does anyone know what today is (musically speaking)? Feb. 9th. It was this date 1964 that the Beatles debuted on the Ed Sullivan show. smile

Ahhh yes, I remember it well. I was a little young to participate in the excitement of Elvis when he hit the scene, but The Beatles, I was right in the middle of the excitement.

I remember the next day (Sullivan was on Sunday)at school, as the kids walked the halls to their classes EVERYONE was excited. You only needed to ask "did you see it?" Hard to explain, but we KNEW it was something big. Even teachers were talking about it. smile

From then on it was Beatle hats, Beatle Boots, Beatle pictures in the girls' lockers....and the rest as they say, is history. I am very happy I was at, what I would say, the perfect age (a teenager) to be a part of that excitement.

Here's a story on the Grammy flashback including the Beatles and AND a list of albums, songs, groups of the year in the 60's.

I thought I heard this morning that Sir Paul would be on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this afternoon, but I thought he already had a star. confused I know the Beatles do.

http://kearth101.radio.com/2012/02/09/grammys-flashback-the-top-award-winners-of-the-60s/

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon