Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
The worship of Italian-American mobsters is alive and well I see......

I think you are just butt hurt because you are not Italian but grew up with many Italians and were always jealous of them because they could relate to the movies and TV shows and you couldn't. So deep down what you are really saying with comments like "street gangs are more powerful " and "no one fears the mafia anymore" is " I'm superior to those Italian guys who picked on me when I was younger" and trying to convince yourself that "I'm not intimidated anymore by the Italian bullies who picked on me when I was younger"

I grew up in Southern California; I don't think I ever came across an Italian. Now, Asians and Latinos are another story.

But back to you. You obviously have this romantic vision of the Mafia as being some sort of noble, honorable organization to be worshipped and fascinated by. That's your perogative to think that way of course, but you are about as deluded as they come. You sound like a elementary school kid arguing with his best friend over which super hero is more powerful, but in your case, your super hero is The Mafia!
You must either not be Italian and therefore not qualified to be in the mafia, or maybe you are Italian but don't have the wherewithal (and the anti-social tendencies) to be a made mafia member. Either way you have some sort of deep-seated fascination with the mob. Alas, to each his own!