Originally Posted By: klydon1
I wasn't sure where to post this, but this topic seemed kind of appropriate.

A colleague of mine was at my house a few months ago, and noticed a few pictures on my basement wall of Beatles albums. He told me he had a "Let It Be" album, autographed by each of the Beatles. Two weeks ago he had a party and showed me his prized possession.

The first to sign was Lennon, whom my friend found less than two months before Chapman murdered him. Like Chapman, my buddy hung around the Dakota for hours, hoping to see Lennon for the autograph. He said that Lennon was with Yoko when he excitedly approached them. He said Lennon was extremely cordial and witty, asking over whose picture he should sign. He then had a picture taken with him whileLennon was displaying his autograph with a huge cartoonish grin.

He got McCartney to sign it in the 90s in Pittsburgh and Ringo signed in New York.

But he actually got Harrison to sign it at his estate in England. He had made a request by mail to George's manager, saying he would be in England at a certain time (I think 1996),and asked if he could make arrangements to have the thing signed. To his surprise when he arrived, he had been told to call the representative, who told him to go directly to the estate where he waited in a sun room with his then 12 year old son until George arrived with some other men. My friend thought Harrison looked old and gray, but he was pleasant and quiet. They spoke for several minutes and George asked if they wanted a cold drink or something to eat before they left. My friend was mystified, however, that george didn't seem to know or remember that a few of the songs on the album were on the album. They took a neat picture though.

It's a heck of a collectible.

Amazing story, a dam fine collectible and would be worth at least £2K Plus..

I guess Harrison would have forgot songs on the album as the album would have been recorded 30 years previously and he did so much after that..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon