Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
That's pretty much the extent of my rubbing elbows with the rich and famous. Anyone else?

My big three meets:

Robert DeNiro - was walking past his dressing van parked on Broadway while he was filming "The King of Comedy" (around 1982); De Niro just happened to be walking out and I walked up to him and told him he was great in "The Deer Hunter" and he thanked me and shook hands.

Paul Newman - bumped into him in a bar that was my hangout and he and his wife frequented. I excused myself, and he said it was his fault, so I told him not to do it again. He laughed and said, "OK".

Muhammad Ali - Walking out of the old Madison Square Garden after the last pro fight there (1967) my brother-in-laW and I saw Ali in the parking garage across the street. I walked past his bodyguards and handed him my newspaper with a pen, and he signed the back page (which was cool because it had a picture of him and Wilt Chamberlain and the picture labeled him as Cassius Clay). This was at the time that Ali was blocked from boxing in New York because he refused to be drafted into the Army. After he signed the paper and handed it back to me, I said, "Thanks, Champ", and he smiled at me.

Pretty good trio, huh?