Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Originally Posted By: m2w
and what? perna wanted to meet him, typical of the mob, he didn't fear to meet and probably it would hurt him if he didn't obey
the same happened with the so-called ultraviolent rudaj, after he meet squitieri he calm down and he was cared... the mob is still extremely feared in certain areas

i never said perna feared him but he knew it wasnt a good idea to confront the guy without some sort of backup the blood would be more afraid of. He couldnt just go their and say im part of the lucchese crime family now stop it before i go tell my daddy.
Why does everyone bring up the albanians? I take it your on about the meeting where they held a gun to the gas pump when squiteri confronted them. But it dont really prove your point because they running around a good 3 or 4 years before that doing and taking what they wanted before gambinos stepped up to them. And i never heard anywhere they actually had to give anything back either. i aint saying the italians arent feared but their not above anyone.

Actually more like it took the small Albanian crew 3-4 years to even get on the Gambino's radar. You are completely wrong if you think any domestic American syndicate is above the mafia.