Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: m2w
Quote:
It makes you feel better to think that the glorious LCN is still the top dog in the criminal underworld? I bet you have a John Gotti poster hanging on your bedroom wall!

yes they are still in new york and a couple of other cities, if you think they are not the top dogs in new york youre talking out of your ass no matter you live there and me not
of course they are much less strong than they used to be in the past but being the biggest priority in some areas it means they are the strongest there i don't think fbi would be so interested in going after them if they were a bunch of nobody like you claim

Yes, in New York LCN is still strong. New York is one of the last areas where LCN is a big force. But they've lost a lot of strength and influence, partly due to law enforcement crackdowns and partly because of the shifting demographics and emergence of other ethnic criminal groups. I never said they were a nobody; I said they are not the top criminal force anymore. If the mob was so big and bad, they would own and run all the major moneymaking rackets and share profits with nobody. But it's not like that. The LCN has to work with other groups; or, on a smaller scale, focus on small gambling and loansharking operations within their own boroughs.

Small gambling and loansharking? Some families run huge operations, the biggest in the country and the laws are tougher on all syndicates now days, not just the mafia. Look at the gang stats posted by NickyScarfo- Gangs were at there peak in the early-mid 90's and have declined steadily. It much harder for all criminals now day and I don't know why you people are acting as though the cops and prosecutors only use new laws, new forensics and other new technology ect on the mafia and when it comes to other criminals they are only use 1950's technology and procedures.
Also the mafia has always worked with others so your comment that they are now forced to work with other groups because they are so weak is moot. I guess your not up on your mob history or you would know that's exactly why Lucky Luciano killed his boss, because his boss didn't want to work with other ethnics.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 02/07/12 08:47 AM.