Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Of course, I distinctly remember the same predictions 2 or 3 years ago about an Israeli attack the upcoming spring or summer. So take it for what it is. Sooner or later, though, Israel will probably have to act.

i remember the same thing, i guess if it holds the same this time remains to be seen

panetta is a very respected guy as was gates, this past summer i met/worked with recently retired chairman of the joint chiefs mike mullen on some stuff in dc, very honorable/stand up guy

plus the pentagon was awesome if i do say so myself

I don't see how strategically Israel could pull off such a raid. They would have to transit the airspace of several countries which, if not prepared for them on the way in, would be prepared for them on the way out. In addition, Iran's nuclear facilities are spread over a very wide geographical area which would require quite a few attack aircraft and cover aircraft. I suppose we are talking about squadron strength. They are flying F-15s and 16s which are probably capable of defeating any thing that Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or Iran could throw against them. But it's not 1981.

with all the military aid/radar and satellite jamming stuff we've given the Israelis over the years im sure they can pull off such a raid across the airspace of these nations, they pulled it off against Iraq and Saddamm and Iran is just next door.

plus the Saudi's hate Iran and besides Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan and its King are very close US allies

so all that leaves is Syria which has its own problems now

the real questions is if they can get all the facilities successfully, but in reality if they managed to pull off such a feat it will just embolden Iran that much more to restart/continue with their nuclear ambitions. Also this will probably throw massive support from the Iranian people against the Israelis in turn bolstering the popularity of the Iranian government.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 02/07/12 01:48 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.