Originally Posted By: m2w
Quote:
i dont know what to make of you sometimes. you seem very knowledgable about the mafia in italy, but over here not so much. gangs do what they want when and where they want in america

i think you hypes gangs too much... they are not an unique organization there are hundreds of street gangs not connected eachother they can what they want in their little zones only (maybe) not wherever

Quote:
Why does everyone bring up the albanians?

because somebody calls them ultraviolent more than other gangs, it was just an example... lcn calmed down the most powerful leader of the albanians, he wanted to blow up the gas station coz he was scared the gambinos outnumbered his men 30-5

No one said that street gangs are unique or special, but they are not as stupid as people think they are and the mafia isnt as smart and all mighty as people make them out to be.
As for the albanians there are many albanian groups and i doubt he was the most powerful out of them. The showdown at the gas station was the culmination of a few years of incidences with him and the fact that they had to show up with 20 people to get through to him goes to show how threatened they were by him, because it wasnt like he was going after just some associate over a debt but these guys had the audacity to go after gambling rackets even if it was just one place which is basically mobs bread and butter so they had to confront him eventually or else it would just be open season on them from not just the albanians.