Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
I think it hurts some guys feelings on here that the mob is no longer the top criminal organization in America....The fact that La Cosa Nostra is not even as strong as some of these inner city street gangs is a testament as to how far the granddaddy of all U.S crime rings, La Cosa Nostra, has fallen! It doesn't bother me. But a lot people have this romanticized vision of La Cosa Nostra as being a more respectable, righteous evil organization than the others. So, when another group comes along and challenges them or, in many cases, overtakes them, the pro-La Cosa Nostra fanboys get all bent out of shape!

Easy cowboy. I said "some street gangs"; I didn't say ALL street gangs. Gangs such as MS-13 are bonafide criminal organizations with tentacles in several big cities across the U.S. In terms of manpower and overall strength in numbers and weapons, I doubt any LCN family can match them. Again, I'm not extolling the virtues of one crime group over another; rather, I am simply pointing out how far LCN has fallen over the years. 60 years ago, La Cosa Nostra (the Mafia) was big, bad and booming. They are nowhere close to being as big and bad as they once were. Al Capone owned Chicago and forced other gangs to pay tribute to him. Does the Outfit own the Chicago streets any more? Same for New York. There's too many rival ethnic gangs and organizations around that have forced LCN to concede ground.
I don't believe we have many teenagers on the board so I doubt it would hurt anyone's feelings if LCN or any other criminal group went extinct, however everything you just said is wrong. Give us one example of when another group openly challenged and defeated any LCN family. Just one. Not even as powerful as a street gang? Well the FBI seems to think LCN is still the biggest homegrown threat in the country but I'm sure your "sources" on street gangs are more accurate than the FBI's right?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/organizedcrime/italian_mafia