Originally Posted By: m2w
i don't think there is a real continuity between crips and bloods in the times everyone can claim is a member of these gangs since he needn any authorization its enough to wear a bandana lol
it would be impossible to claim being mafioso if you are not you couldnt last 1 hour

Not true falsely claiming to be a blood or a crip on the street is what gets people killed.
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/2...ruggle-rages-on

as for your claim that they are still able to muscle other gangs in new york and new jersey wheres the evidence of this. How comes when those lucchese members were indicted for working with the bloods in nj that they asked the blood leader for help in making another bloods member stop extorting one their associates.
Heres the wiretap transcript from an article i read.
The wiretaps also indicate that the relationship between the Bloods and the Lucchese crime family extended to the streets.

Perna told Spears that an associate of the mob family was being extorted by an individual who claimed to be a member of the Bloods. Perna planned to confront him but wanted Spears' support.

The gang leader was happy to intervene.

"All right, listen. When you meet him, tell him that . . . I'm your brother."

"I'm gonna tell him nicely to - just to back up, because this is not his situation," Perna said as the conversation continued.

Spears provided more advice while offering a look at the inner workings of the Bloods organization and throwing out the nicknames of some of its leaders.

"My gangster name, I'm saying, in my hood is Movelli, all right?" Spears said. "I got five star under Nine Trey Gangster Bloods, all right. . . . Now you tell him that Red Eye brought me home. I'm under Red Eye in New Jersey, and I'm under Frank White in New York. . . . Tell him I can get in contact with anybody from Jersey or New York. . . . Anybody. So whoever he know . . . let him know that, listen, your guy can find out who is who, you know what I'm saying? . . . Find out if the guy's official or not."

Spears also told Perna to mention Shinehead and Mobster Rule, two other gang leaders, even though both were dead.

"Mobster Rule got killed," Spears said. "Shinehead got killed. But throw those names, cause they, they carry a lot . . . of weight. Dead or alive."