Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Watching Lifetime, "Hush" with Gwyneth Paltrow & Jessica Lange. Lange is playing a great mother-in-law from hell. What a bitch!! lol

TIS

TIS, it's intesting that you, as a female, use the B word. As I have, you watched Unstoppable. In that movie Will tells Galvin "We're going to run this B**** down." I consider that such a pejorative reference to a female that has become commonplace among even women. Why is that so since it tends to minimalize women?

Don't know Oli. Maybe it depends on how it's said and who says it? Yet, I must say I'll use the word freely if I feel it's applicable. LOL

I think most women will agree we have all known (and perhaps ourselves even been) bitches at some time or another. lol Heck I had a friend some years back who would proudly admit she was/could be "a bitch." Maybe the word is so commonplace that it no longer is as minimalizing as it once was. If someone angrily called me a bitch, I'd be mad whether it came from a man or a woman.

Interesting though. I'm curious how other ladies feel.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/04/12 05:08 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon