Originally Posted by AmericanCrime
Very interesting info man but the Genovese family having an Irish consiglieri and an Irish "capo" in the Merlino faction? I highly doubt it. Can someone post the link to the clip of Bruno and the Irishman?

Yeah as a very interested researcher, and someone familiar with LCN... honestly I don't buy any of that shit.
Altho where there is smoke there is fire.
Other sources claim "The German" is linked with the Genovese somehow.

My theory? The Irish captain in the Merlino faction...I highly doubt that as well. It's probably an "outsider view" or local media hype moniker. More likely, he was a high-ranking associate of Merlino's who handled a handful of joint ventures. Several people claim they saw the German meeting with Merlino & Co in several bars in the Northeast years ago.

Genovese Consiglieri? Nah. I tend to think if anything he's involved in the corporate/political machination in New York now. And does the wind-and dine thing with top Genovese guys. Socializing. Backroom deals that sorta shit. Just a crook with a businessman facade now.

I know the two are linked somehow tho, as multiple 1st hand account and sources have corroborated. I'm pretty sure whoever wrote all that, have no real idea of Mob structure and tradition. And "outsider view" mistake I'lla ttribute that shit to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPz6X-vxeOk&feature=related
1:44-1:46

Supposedly Edward Harding.

Originally Posted by Five_Felonies
interesting stuff, although definatly extremly convoluted. northeast philly still has a large irish population and there are probably some irish rackets, but alot of that made it seem like some super secret powerful org that works hand in hand with some of the most powerful mobsters and dominates irish org crime all over the place. also,Bradford "The German" Cox Shundler a capo under the merlino faction, wtf? still interesting, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, that ruling Irish crime on the Eastern Seaboard shit is a major, impossible stretch. Prolly just some hype, or an effort for people to grasp the transient nature of the German. With the exception of the German, and his politico-corporate ventures, financing, and endeavors; I think the current Irish racketeers in the Northeast are small-time at best. Not conspiracy worth stuff. Most likely common interests and coincident brough some of these seemingly isolated figures and groups into alignment.

Although, the guy goes on to say "Harding aligned his faction with the Irish Republican Brotherhood, The Westies and The Winter Hill Gang. He and Kevin Weeks of the Winter Hill Gang were instrumental suppliers of weapons for the Irish Republican Army's fight for independence from England." This kind of transregional connection is not unheard of.; Think Appalachian Meeting or the transregionalism of the gangster on Boardwalk Empire. Members of these groups could have transient marginal connections. But that would be the end of it. Just connections.

My guess?

*Edward Harding - People say he was in with Bruno. And was the mentor to "The German" and Eddie "Irish Thunder" Burke. He died in 2007 sources claim

*"The German" - After rising in Philly he is now semi-legitimate business man, who has joint ventures with members of the Genovese family (Legitimate and otherwise). Most likely through resideual Genovese interests in Philly and their link with Edward Harding, who was linked with Bruno. Figure he moved to New York to further legitimate enterprises.

*Eddie "Irish Thunder" Burke III - More of muscle, likely when "The German" was coming up. Is the major street guy in Philly's Northeast. After the power-vacuum that Shundler left. Is apparently the grandson of originally K&A crook Eddie Burke.

*William "Billy Shamrock" Harding - Decendant of Edward Harding. Mostly legitimate running a string of bar's in the Northeast, where he most likely dabbles in gangsterism, using these as fronts and base of operations like the Gemeni Lounge or the Sunbrite Bar.

It's quite a compelling mystery for sure. THis is my take on it

thanks for the link man. I agree that the media often refers to high level associates as "Capo's" and often anyone involved be it an associate or soldier is referred to as a "mob boss".

Last edited by J Geoff; 11/25/18 09:09 PM. Reason: Removed proper name since he's not connected