Originally Posted By: The Last Woltz
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
TB's suggestion is not that far fetched given the mentality in 1978. In those days regardless of how much womanizing Geary did (and apparently he was quite open about it...note his comment in front of all the pezzanovante in Havana about wanting one of those red headed Yolanda's) the press would never have written about it, and it would have re-told the story of his "abduction." If it happened in this day and age I don't think he would have been able to pull it off.

Very true, dt. The media routinely gave politicos a pass on all their womanizing. During one of FDR's trips to Warm Springs GA, he had the train detour to Flemington NJ so he could dally with his mistress, Lucy Rutherford. Eighty reporters were on the train--nobody reported it. She, not Eleanor, was with him when he died. JFK, the second-greatest sexual athlete of the 20th century, got passes every time even though every reporter knew what he was up to. Now we hear about everything--even Bill Clinton having Peyronie's Disease. sick

At the time of Clinton's escapads, I remember hearing report fro a reliable reorter that EVERY president since FDR except Truman and Carter had extraamarital affairs.

Yes, politicians are like pro athletes - infidelity is part of their culture. According to some biographers, LBJ was little more than a serial rapist.

Who are these "some biographers"? I never heard anything about LBJ being a rapist. Even Robert Caro, a biographer of Johnson who is highly critical of him, has never said that.

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!