Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I just Googled it, Yogi, and it looks like it's true. However, Affleck just picked a screenwriter, so it looks like we're not going to see it for a long while.

I actually loved the original mini-series. It had a fine cast, with the exception of Moly Ringwald as Fran. SHE was supposed to be carrying the future of the world?? UGH! She "Sofia'd" the whole thing for me.

However, the rest of the cast was top notch: Rob Lowe, Gary Sinise, Bill Fagerbakke, Ruby Dee, and Jamey Sheridan as Flagg. It stuck fairly close to the book, too.

For some strange reason I haven't caught the miniseries yet. I LOVED the book. Epic in every sense. I really have to catch it, everyone says how true it is to the original.

I had to think for a second too, but Bill Fagerbakke also played the rascist hack Metzger in Oz. What did you think of his portrayal of Tom Cullen (easily one of my favourites in the book, J-O-K-E, that spells MOON!!)? He's always come across as a pretty good actor to me.

I noticed Marvel is supposed to be doing a series of graphic novels on it as well. I like what they did with The Dark Tower, Ill definitely have to check that out.

Cant wait for the movie! Hopefully it wont bog down in development and they'll start shooting before long.

(cough.)