Originally Posted By: Lilo
Who's making these decisions and how can we stop them? sick

The network, the halftime sponsors, the label, and most importantly Madonna herself. I don't care for her, never did, but I can safely say that with all the records she's sold over the decades, her name I suppose should be enough to sell a halftime program. Apparently even she doesn't believe in herself.

But then again, aging pop stars have a bad tendency of clinging themselves to (more) popular, younger up & coming artists, hoping to get a rub off from them and stay relevant.

I remember that rumor late last year about how allegedly Madonna turned down this year's show initially, until she found out Lady GaGa was waiting in the wings to take the gig. Madge promptly signed the papers. A juicy bitchy story, but I doubt it because of one simple reason: She's got a new album coming out. Simple. But knowing her masterful knack of getting free press, she'll perform "Express Yourself" at the Super Bowl. Feudz!!!

Of course here's the little secret these sponsors and everybody else apparently never understand. The Super Bowl halftime show has no competition, only bathroom breaks. You're not getting an demographic ratings bump because you put in two contemporary popular acts.

LMFAO? Oh dear, I thought everybody learned their lesson from last year's program. Groups that suck live, they don't get better at a bigger venue.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/27/12 09:51 AM.