I have been reading these boards for a very long time, years in fact. I have a feel for most of the people on these boards, the ones who actually know what they're talking about, Ivy, phatmat, etc. I would like to finally bring to light and put to rest some of the Cleveland talk that has frequented this board and others for quite some time. This is the main reason why I started this thread and opened an account. After I am done explaining this you can accept what I have to say, or not, makes no difference to me or anyone else for that matter, but this will be my first and last post as I will most likely just go back to reading the boards anonymously every day, like I have for the last few years.

First of all the formal structure of the remaining Cleveland family is done. We don't have anyone in any form of a position. I am one of the remaining few guys left in the area, total there are 10 of us, italian that is. five of the ten are formally "made", the other four would have most likely been "made" as of the early nineties, but never were, one of the “made” is in prison. This doesn't really matter as we consider them part of the inner circle anyway. I am not one of the five formally made members. Outside of the ten of us is loose connection of people we trust and have trusted from the 1960's, which includes three additional italian families and one greek family.
All of the Italian families are very well known in the area. Most have construction companies, subcontracting services, etc. Two others have a real estate business, and the rest work for a local temp staffing company. Most of the remaining guys who have been in trouble eventually just end up working for the staffing company as a mid level manager or local crew leader of a construction firm. The greek family that has been a part of us since shonder walked the streets is still involved, they originated in mansfield around the 1950's and ran a very successful book operation with shonder, and it is still in business to this day, taken over now by the son. He lives in southern ohio and handles action in columbus and cincinnati. He meets with us monthly in Cleveland to discuss currect state of affairs and what else is going on south of Cleveland. Outside of that we don't get into very much of anything anymore that doesn't involve sports betting. There are two major problems in starting this thing up and keeping it sustainable. One problem is that there is literally no italian in cleveland or the surrounding area that can live up to the values and respect of what "used to be". Most the kids of the guys we socalize with have never broken a law in their life, which is a good thing, and they have no intention on leading this type of liftstyle (especially after the thousands that were poured into their college educations). The second problem is that local FBI, police, etc know exactly who we are and what we do and where we hang out. If you want me to be completely honest, it sucks. Remembering what used to be is probably the toughest of all. It is probably a smart move on our part to disband any type of formal structure as for the most part we have all made our money and destroyed enough lives, including our own. It is a rather sobering experience to finally come to terms with the fact that you cannot beat the system, it is impossible and is the main reason why this thing is turning back into what it used to be when it all started, a street gang.
We still meet all the time, couple times a week actually just south of Cleveland. We have contact with most of the other families in the area as far as Detroit and Chicago go. We have contact with New York on only a personal level, as two of our remaining guys know only a handful of guys on the east coast. We don’t do business with any of them. I think it’s funny and frustrating at the same time, to see some young kid get on here and talk about what they think they know about what goes on in the city, Cleveland that is. Like I said before , it’s just really bothered me for a long time and I finally have to say something about it. Take it or leave, PM me if you want, I might respond to a few of the more well respected members on the boards, but that it.