Personally I liked Paul's* joke about why he won't release his taxes because he's embarrased about his low earnings. Funny.

Unfortunately, the tax thing has become a pointless albatross for Mittens, or more like a target sign, and he's not helping himself method acting like a fish on land with his comebacks to that issue and Bain.

Apparently Newt tonight released his '10 tax returns: $3.1 million, 31.6% tax rate.

Rich, not as rich as Mitt obviously, and I would be an asshole and snyde that most of Newt's money came from Freddie Mac for his work as a history teacher. But that won't be mentioned if that is brought up in the media: Just the tax rate differential.

If I was a Mitt supporter, I would also be worried about what Mittens said about Romneycare tonight that could haunt him later. As someone in the comments on a blog tracking the debate writes:

Quote:
Am I nuts, or did Romney provide a perfect defense of Obamacare? It’s popular in Massachusetts, it hasn’t increased their costs and it’s given more people coverage? And he wants to repeal the same bill that would do that at the national level?

Like Turnbull, I still think Mittens is the nominee. But I won't be shocked at all if Newt wins on saturday. If he does and Mitt wins the nomination regardless, he would be the first GOP national nominee in the modern primary era to fail to win South Carolina.

*=I also liked that he brought up the suicide rate in the military. Among other reasons, I wonder if this is one why he's got the most campaign donors from the Armed Forces?

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/19/12 10:51 PM.