Originally Posted By: gemini_killer
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Originally Posted By: tt120
I don't think Pitera was smart; his whole hustle was just doing rips on drug dealers and re-selling the shit. He didn't run any rackets. He ran his crew through fear; guys weren't loyal to him, they were just scared to death of him. If he treated them right and led a crew like a real leader than Gangi may have not flipped on him. A true psychopath, definitely worthy of being mentioned in this thread as a scary guy

I disagree with him only doing rips and reselling. He was running a pretty big cocaine and weed operation out of brooklyn aswell.

he was selling heroin, skunk, cocaine - what ever he could get his hands on...he did rip off drug dealers but don't tell me the only drugs he sold was what he stole...he was a bonanno, and was getting from one of their sources..you ever seen him talking?, he's quite frightening

Pitera was a good fit for the drug trade, he was ultra violent,murderous and feared. I think he was one of the handful mobsters really willing to get heavily involved with the violence and ruthlessness that the drug trade required at the time.