Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Just read NATURE GIRL by Carl Hiaasen. This fella makes me laugh so much, his books are a riot smile

Yogi, if you like that style of writing you might want to give Tim Dorsey or Bill Fitzhugh a look see.

Holy crap, Lilo. I just returned your pm and I mentioned Tim Dorsey, before I read this post. And I didn't even know you were a fan!

I've read the entire "Florida Roadkill" series at least twice, and I have January 24th circled on my calendar as the release date for "Pineapple Grenade." I know that the stories have gotten progressively more slapstick over the years, but in my opinion Dorsey is still funnier and edgier than any of his peers. He's very web friendly too, which is something that I admire in a successful author. I must have exchanged twenty or thirty emails with the guy over the years.

Yogi,

Read Dorsey. You'll love him. But be sure to start the series from the beginning. Read "Florida Roadkill" first. I still think that Hiaaasen is a superior writer overall, but Dorsey is a riot who will have you rooting for a serial killer! lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.