I remember The Onion joking about such a situation months back. Hilarious. Until it happened for real.

Jay-Z releases new single in honor of newborn Daughter

Quote:
Jay-Z just revealed ... Beyonce suffered a miscarriage before conceiving their daughter Blue Ivy.

The rapper dropped the bombshell in his newest song "Glory" -- which he released today in honor of Blue Ivy's birth this weekend -- rapping, "Last time the miscarriage was so tragic/We was afraid you'd disappear/But nah baby you magic."

The song was produced by Pharrell -- and even includes an audio sample of Blue Ivy crying just moments after she was born.

Among the proud fatherly lyrics -- "The most amazing feeling I feel, words can’t describe what I’m feeling for real / Baby, I paint the sky blue, my greatest creation was you." (Source: TMZ)

Incidentally, the track doesn't mention allegedly him and Beyonce renting out an entire hospital floor for themselves, or that their crack security team hassled patients/their relatives/doctors/nurses, or that several said hassled folks are considering a lawsuit for that bullshit.

(Also goddamit Shawn Carter, you wrote those lyrics? Onion was correct after all. Jeez I hope Onion's other prediction that you'll soon crank out a children's hip-hop album doesn't come to pass.)