There is an inherent conflict between a state that privileges someone based on their accident of birth and one that is a full democracy. Increasingly Israelis themselves are discussing this openly.

Israeli Arab citizens don't enjoy all the same rights as the majority. The most apparent difference is the ability to buy a house where they want to. The Admissions Committee laws are still on the books AFAIK. Laws

I think most people on the planet want the same things for themselves and their children. I don't think we can or should say prove to me that you're decent before you're allowed to have a state.

But getting back to Iran.. Panetta remarks

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.