Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Mark and Geoff, you're absolutely right. She has been working on a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet for about two years, and is proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop CS4 and Paint Tool SAI. The schools we've looked at offer a foundation year of basic art classes, drawing painting and so on. Then, they progress to their specialty after that. The three schools she's most interested in are in NY and offer in-depth technical training, and all have the latest equipment. Because they're in NY, they offer internships at places like Nickolodeon, and how cool is that??

Any and all advice is very welcome!!

Awesome! That is sooo cool. I want to be 20 again! That sounds like a great opportunity. Something I also found out is how places like Hallmark Cards in Kansas City works. Let's say you take a guy like me in which cartooning is his strong point and coloring is the weakest. Hallmark's policy is to rotate ALL of their artists in each different department to train and develop depth in all artists. I think that is so cool to be able to get all that experience in a great company. I'll give her the best advice I can give your daughter artist to artist - keep creating no matter what. Draw, paint, color, sculpt, sketch or whatever no matter your mood, time of day or where you are. The best time to create is when you are tortured, depressed and sad! Most artists will tell you that some of their best work comes out of the darkest times in their life! Ha! BTW - does she like that show on Bravo; "Work of Art"? I have recently become a fan.