Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Continuing with Beatles, perhaps not quite as popular Beatle songs, two that I really like are "My Bonnie" and "Ain't She Sweet." I remember as a kid I had a little blue songbook which had folk type songs and patriotic songs and those were in the book. I love "Rock" version of each. smile

Oh, and still with the Beatles and comparing original recordings to re-recordings, I LOVE The Beatles "Rock & Roll Music" and "Roll Over Beethoven" AND I think even better than the originals. With all due respect to Chuck Berry smile

TIS

I enjoy their sincere fanboy covers, whether covering Berry or Perkins or Little Richard or Holly or whoever ("Baby, It's You" is particularly fun) but that's the thing, they're just that: covers that don't (for me) match up to those originals. (Nobody especially beats Berry at his own original licks & tracks.)

Except for one exception. A cover they did that I'll argue is actually superior than the original, and Lilo will probably have my head for this but alright..."Twist & Shout."

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.