American Psycho was a pretty full on book. For the first few chapters you're all "This doesn't seem so bad" and then BAM, stabbity stab homeless faces, slicing up hookers and biting people. And ridiculously graphic sex. I mean, ridiculously graphic.

SB, I saw the new King book on the stand at the local book shop. Looks pretty interesting. I really love how King managed to tie together his 'universe'. Im going straight over to the Stephen King thread after this to check out your thoughts on it.

After reading A Dance With Dragons (the last book so far in the awesomely awesomely awesome A Song of Ice and Fire series) Im actually getting into fiction again in a way I haven't for many years. Mrs Meatballs keeps trying to get me to read work by Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs; she's convinced that since I "like all that gory shit", Ill get into their respective series (Scarpetta and Brennan)

Does anyone have any thoughts on their works? Honestly, Ive always thought of the majority of these forensic/crime-fic. books as a little trashy.

Speaking of trashy...I am looking forward to reading the latest Dexter novel. grin

(cough.)