Let us not forget about Michael Franzese who claims he never killed anyone. Perhaps a little dubious but who are we to know?
And according to Vinny Teresa, Jerry Angiulo (the Patriarca Underboss) bought himself into the mob when taking over the numbers rackets in the Boston area.

Originally Posted By: gemini_killer
Robert Di-B Dibernardo and Tommy Gambino, were high ranking in the Gambino family - Tommy was a captain and i'm quite sure DB was a ranked a captain even though he never had a crew...I read somewhere he may have been made in New Jersey Decavalcante Family before being transferred to the Gambinos - when Paul was killed he apparently was made a captain for his assistance in setting big paul up...

GK, your quote is correct. After Terry Zappi died in 1986, his NJ soldiers came under the command of Mike Mondaglia who was made capo, while "Big" Chris Richichi (who was also made a capo) took over Zappi´s NY soldiers.
Robert DiBernardo, who had belonged to the Zappi crew as well, was also bumped up to capo for his support in the Castellano killing. Allthough he had no soldiers.
According to FBI documents that somebody posted here (I think it was Ivy, but I´m not sure), DiBernardo functioned briefly as an acting capo while Zappi was ill. A year or so before Zappi died.

[Linked Image]