Well, I have been off the boards for several months, but on a couple of the other threads I have partial scenes for a possible GF IV which would have made extensive use of Michael Francis (Rizzi) Corleone, as well as a revamped role for Anthony Corleone, eventually becoming embroiled in a power struggle against Vincent for control of the Family (Santino Corleone Jr. would also return to a role in the family -- there would definitely be friction between Sonny's legitimate and illegitimate sons.)

IMO Connie would have gotten over the murder of Carlo very very fast indeed (in fact, she appears to have done just that in GF II), because Carlo beat the living crap out of her, and also betrayed her older brother Sonny, who she idolized, and led to his death.

After her first explosion of anger at Michael at the end of GF I over Carlo's murder, Connie figured out real quick Carlo had been a danger to the whole Corleone Family, including her, and realized she was much better off without him.

She always identified herself as a Corleone more than anything else. IMO she would have had the kids drop the Rizzi name and just go by the Corleone family name. Plus, she ultimately wanted to gain influence and eventually power in the Corleone Family. The way to do that would not be to hang on to the family name of a traitor who had to be rubbed out 30 years ago.

IMO the main problem in GF III was that throughout GF II, things were setting up an ultimate conflict and test of loyalty between Michael Corleone and Tom Hagen. (Remember of course the scenes near the end of GF II where Michael very openly questions Hagen's loyalty).

So any eventual production of GF III which included Robert Duvall playing Tom Hagen, but only in a slightly-modified version of the B.J. Hamilton role, and not a full-fledged test of betrayal and loyalty against Michael Corleone, would have been almost as much a disappointment as what we eventually got anyway.

Last edited by EnzoBaker; 12/31/11 03:49 AM.

"You did good."