Originally Posted By: Lilo
I didn't know Rihanna and Kenny Chesney were that popular.

What strikes me is the highest average ticket price.

Sir Paul, I adore your work, both Beatles and solo catalogues. The locals know I'm a Beatle nut. And in recent years, I've increasingly respected the shit out of your indeliable contributions to pop music. (Especially after the recent reissues of MCCARTNEY and MCCARTNEY II albums.)

But $135 for one of your concerts?!? Are you nuts? Did that golddigger ex really nail you that badly? Are you starving for cash? Jesus Christ I like you dude, but I pay that much to buy a guitar, not a concert ticket. Excuse me, "not an average concert ticket." Yeah that means a good half of a concert audience of yours pays more than $135 just for a seat.

Even if John and George came back to life and told God to suck it and the Beatles got reformed, that's still too much.

Originally Posted By: Lilo
And Roger Waters got to keep all that money for himself without having to share any with David Gilmour...

To be fair, unless I'm mistaken, he underwrote the entire $60-70 million tour pricetag (varies by account) so he's entitled to break even. Which is funny because that THE WALL concert (strong contender for concert of the year IMO) is practically an excuse for Waters to make his anti-capitalist rant.

Hilarious. (Capo would've loved it.)

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/30/11 01:49 AM.