Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Lets address the whole Tyson V Ali thing, Ali wins hands down, period. Remember Ali had an incredible jaw so he could take Tyson's punches, just watch Holyfield v Tyson 1 to see how to dismantle Tyson...clinical!!

Well, contrary to popular opinion back in the '80s, I don't think you beat Tyson by backing up. The guys who beat him, and beat him fairly easily, like Douglas, Holyfield and Lewis, all beat him by standing up to him and backing him off. The guys who ran from him got owned. So Ali would have had to do a little more than just stay on his bicycle and jab. He would have had to come forward eventually.

That being said, I agree that Ali would have beaten him. It's strictly an opinion, but I think Ali would have gotten so inside of Tyson's head in the days leading up to the fight, that Tyson would have been frustrated into going head hunting. Ali would have danced early, counter punched when possible, and eventually backed Tyson down, knocking him out in the later rounds.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.