Yes, they did have a reunion planned but I think that there was some miscommunication between Roth and Eddie (big surprise) and words were spoken and blah blah blah.

Speaking of Hendrix though:

There is a "new" Hendrix release available: The Jimi Hendrix Experience Winterland (4 CD's) and bonus CD (Jimi Hendrix Experience at Fillmore West).

There is a story-possibly apocryphal , though I seem to remember reading it in Miles' autobiography-that as a member of Miles Davis' band , John Coltrane , who was even then known for incredibly long solos, went to Miles and initiated a long musical discussion about how Coltrane was having trouble wrapping up his solos and how did Miles think he should handle it. Miles' typically terse response was "John. Put the f*****g horn down!!!"

I mention that because even as a Hendrix slappy on some this release's solos I sorta wish Miles had been around to tell Hendrix that. Hendrix here is in full effect though. It is an expansion and remastering of the previous Winterland release. Versions of old songs are drastically reworked and expanded.The highlight is undoubtedly an 11 minute marathon of "Like a Rolling Stone". The Fillmore CD has two different versions of "Dear Mr. Fantasy".

To the extent you can say anyone was the greatest, Hendrix certainly fit the bill. But even the greatest is only one man. It would have been interesting to hear a second guitarist, organist or horn player on some of these songs. Because Hendrix goes on and on and on...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.