Originally Posted By: Lilo
I probably agree with both Scott

As much as I do agree that WAR deserves induction I can't feel sympathy right now when they're bitching about being snubbed in favor of a group that legitimately deserved induction. This isn't a controversial pick like Madonna or whatever, these are the Beastie Boys: not just one of the greatest hip-hop acts, but also seminally involved in the Alternative Music epoch of the early 90s. "Sabotage" is one of the great classic 1990s rockers. Doesn't just make you sound pity, it makes you sound stupid.

Or put it another way, Stooges were inducted the same year as ABBA. Sex Pistols and Black Sabbath weren't inducted until just a few years ago. Deep Purple and KISS are still MIA. Paul McCartney (the most successful modern pop musician in sales) waited [i]seven years after he first became eligible. The Cars and Dead Kennedys aren't in (two notable 80s acts for their respective genres), but Madonna is.

There's a long bitch queue for the Rock HOF. Get in line WAR.

(Of course if sampling is obviously sole legitimacy for the HOF, the Beastie Boys also sampled Cheech & Chong. Let's induct them. And the marijuana Chia Pet too.)