Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
I agree with you. I too have a very hard time believing the killing of Nick Ruzzuto JR had nothing to do with the other killings. When Montanga arrived in 2009 he apparently met with Nicolo SR and told him to step down and that his time was up and demanded 10 years worth of tribute + interest. SR refused and 6 weeks later Nick Jr was killed. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Mussolini, Mafia Inc. describes that Montanga went to Nick Rizzuto one week before he was killed and apparantly told him that his reign was over.

It were also the writers of Mafia Inc. that first stated that the Montreal police thought the murder of Del Peschio and Nick Jr. were linked to each other, but not to the other killings. They describe that a "business man" ordered their murder and that it was carried out by a street gang. This business man can likely be Tony Magi, as he was apparantly close to Nick Jr. and also to Joseph Ducarme, a street gang leader. Shortly after Nick Jr.'s murder, Ducarme was almost killed by two assassins. The next day he was arrested while he was in Tony Magi's office.

Before readings this in Mafia Inc.'s epiloque, most of us also thought that these murders were part of the onslaught.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."