Originally Posted By: m2w
i wonder who planned all the other murders (rizzuto jr and sr, cun trera, renda etc.)
if it was a cohalition between montagna and desjardins groups or only one planned that
montagna tried to kill desjardins first so i suppose its group felt strong enough
montagna was killed but his group it almost killed desjardins and probably killed pietrantonio (i think he was on desjardins side) andseveral members of the rival groups were caught now

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/que...51_article_POS1

according to that article (written by Andre Noel, co-author of Mafia Inc.), Pietrantonio was close to Montagna. The translation isnt perfect, but I tried 2:

Quote:
The October 24 Lorenzo LoPresti, 40 years, went out on the balcony of his apartment in St. Lawrence to smoke a cigarette when several shots rang. It has collapsed, death. It was the right arm of Antonio Pietrantonio, said Tony Suzuki, 48 years, a drug trafficker close to Salvatore MONTAGNA.

Quote:
On October 24, Lorenzo LoPresti, 40, came out on the balcony of his apartment in Saint-Laurent for a cigarette when several shots rang out. He collapsed and died. It was the right hand of Antonio Pietrantonio said Tony Suzuki, 48, a drug dealer near Salvatore Montagna.

To me, it makes sense that Lopresti, Pietrantonio and Sal would be on the same side, given some of the info from other articles. I.e. "Pietrantonio might have known his life was in danger after someone killed Lorenzo (Larry) LoPresti, 40, in St. Laurent, Que., on Oct. 25. Police sources repeated Wednesday that Lopresti appeared to have been acting as Pietrantonio’s right-hand man when he was killed." or "Montagna’s murder follows the slaying of one his supporters, Lorenzo LoPresti, A source said the murder of LoPresti — whose father Giuseppe was killed in a still unsolved mob hit in 1992 — was a message to Montagna."

I could be wrong, but everything in the papers seems to indicate those 3 were on the same side.

Last edited by Mick2010; 12/22/11 08:37 PM.