Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Mussolini, I could understand that you haven't read it in the Sixth Family, because this affair is only described in the latest 2008 edition. Maybe you have the older 2005 edition.

Anyway, I will quote it for you so carmela could then share her ultimate wisdom with us:

"On December 23, Luca D'Amico and two colleages walked into the Consenza, paused for a moment and then left, with D'Amico signaling with his right hand as he walked out. A cavalcade of vehicles then puled up to collect the trio and the procession of eight SUV's and Mercedes cars accompanied the visitors away from the Sixth Family headquarters." The Sixth Family by Lee Lamothe and Adrian Humphreys.

Mafia Inc:

"When old Nick procrastinated with the money, the D'Amico's next tactic was a show of force. Nephew Luca, accompanied with Patricio D'Amico, another of Luigi's sons, and a colleague walked into the Consenza, casting hostile glances at the customers at the counter, who included Paola Renda and Rocco Sollecito. One of the visitors was armed. The trio departed within minutes, flashing signals as they reached the sidewalk. A motorcade of SUV's and Mercedes Sedans - eight vehicles in all - rolled up to the cafe door and picked them up, then cruised slowly out of the strip mall parking lot. Two hours later, Arcadi was heard ordering clan members to round up a few soldiers and watch out for trouble, because the "crazy guy", Patricio D'Amico, was still roaming the neighbourhood. Mafia Inc. by Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel.

I believe the "colleague" was Sergio Piccirilli. This event was triggered after Arcadi's men had attacked the D'Amico's houses from a helicopter (obviously a re-enactment of The Godfather III).

What's interesting about this affair, is that during this conflict one of the D'Amico's, who was hiding in a building opposite of Consenza with a rifle, was heard on tapes saying "he had Nick Rizzuto, Sr. in his sight and could hit him right now" while on the phone with Sergio Piccirilli. Piccirilli then told him to wait, because he "had to go to Toronto first".

I heard something like that in Mafia Inc but I thought it was the Violi's or Montanga's men they heard on tapes saying that.

Interesting stuff Sonny, thanks for sharing and I stand corrected.