Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
If so, then it becomes a question of how people, including posters on these OC forums, would know much about them.

Because they excist as a criminal organization for more than a century. Many of the posters that claim to know much about them state the same as I do. Pizzaboy and eurodave acknowledged it themselves. I believe it was eurodave who recently stated that Calabrians have a different mentality, and he's from Calabria.

Quote:
Spoke a little too soon. Obviously Desjardins and 4 others were just arrested. And, while it seems Canadian LE certainly takes it's time, Project Colisee showed they can deliver.

That's just a coicidence. Up until today no one was arrested and prosecuted, while these killings started two years ago.

Quote:
Yes, but I think we've talked about this before and how it's no longer the case.

But this is how the Rizzutos gained their powerbase.

Quote:
Even if that were true, them paying a percentage to the Rizzutos for using their contacts to smuggle drugs or deal in certain territories doesn't necessarily make them part of the Rizzuto organization. Any more than paying Vic and Gas back in the 1980's made the operators from the Greek gambling clubs part of the Luccheses.

Fair enough, but I used it to explain the Rizzutos role in the Canadian underworld. They gained their power and influence through their criminal network, not their organization as such.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."