Originally Posted By: spartan

As someone who knows this a little better than most, I can assure you there are more than 40 members of the Calabrian Ndrangheta in southern Ontario. You are all free to believe whatever you wish or listen and read any "reporter" or "journalist" you like. But common sense would dictate...who the hell would Italian authorities know how many Ndrangheta members there are in southern Ontario? If any of you know people in southern Ontario law enforcement, please ask them if there are 40 mobsters in the entire region.

I hear of stories of NYC mobsters getting caught trying to shake down hot dog carts and adult video stores......tell me the last time you ever heard of a Toronto or Montreal getting caught for this sort of thing. For God's sake there are Ndrangheta controlled companies involved in construction in Ontario that gets 10's of millions a year in gov't contracts. It's not a "40 man" operation in Ontario.

Well, we really don't hear much regarding Italian OC in Toronto. Which sort of makes one question the assertion made by some here about armies of local 'Ndrangheta guys walking around. As I posted on the other forum, people bought into that "Sixth Family" stuff about the Rizzutos in Montreal. And now people are making the same claims about the Calabrians in Toronto. Even though there's not much to base it on.

If you want to turn this into a pissing contest, maybe you should do some more research on the NY mob. It's not just hot dog carts. For example, back in 2005 it was reported that mob-linked companies had received $1.2 billion on over 100 public contracts between 1995 and 2005.

If we go on demonstrable evidence alone, and not on pure assumptions or claims of exclusive insight based on where somebody lives, there is a bigger mob presence in the NY metro area than in Montreal and Toronto combined.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.