Originally Posted By: m2w
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: spartan
I can tell you that between the various clans in the Toronto area, there are a lot more member and associates than the Bonnanos in NYC.

IvyLeague posted an article here a while ago which stated that Italian authorities named 40 members of all the 9 locali in Toronto.

it's what i said, 40 members less than half of the bonanno's in new york

As someone who knows this a little better than most, I can assure you there are more than 40 members of the Calabrian Ndrangheta in southern Ontario. You are all free to believe whatever you wish or listen and read any "reporter" or "journalist" you like. But common sense would dictate...who the hell would Italian authorities know how many Ndrangheta members there are in southern Ontario? If any of you know people in southern Ontario law enforcement, please ask them if there are 40 mobsters in the entire region.

I hear of stories of NYC mobsters getting caught trying to shake down hot dog carts and adult video stores......tell me the last time you ever heard of a Toronto or Montreal getting caught for this sort of thing. For God's sake there are Ndrangheta controlled companies involved in construction in Ontario that gets 10's of millions a year in gov't contracts. It's not a "40 man" operation in Ontario.

Last edited by spartan; 12/18/11 07:18 PM.