Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Living in Utah as I do, I'm pretty much the least likely to ever run into a mob guy. That said, my cousin who lives in Idaho actually did. In Idaho no less.

Long story short, she runs a specialty furniture boutique or whatever you call it. There are quite a few wealthy people that have vacation homes, cabins, etc. up near there. For instance, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore had a vacation home up there for years. I think she still has it, in fact.

Anyway, one day about 7 or 8 years ago, this couple walked into the store. She said they looked like something out of mob "central casting." Obviously Italian, both dressed very well, had the accent. And to top it off, they had what appeared to be a bodyguard stand outside with the wife's dog on a leash.

They bought a crap load of stuff for some place they had just purchased. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth. The next day, two kids that worked there drove out to the place to deliver it. The guy gave them a $500 tip.

My cousin mentioned this to me because she knew I had an interest in the mob. She said he had actually paid by check and I asked what his name was. The check had said John S-------. But to this day I'm not sure if it was the father, who is a Colombo soldier, or his son, John Jr.

That's pretty funny.

In Toronto or Hamilton you would never tell someone is a mobster. You could meet one of the heads of an Ndrangheta clan and you would never know. Nothing flashy about them and very low key and extremely polite. Even the younger generation, it's very deceiving. But if you cross them, then you know and are in for a shock of a lifetime.

Last edited by J Geoff; 05/03/12 12:03 PM.