Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: eurodave
Originally Posted By: m2w
lo presti and pietrantonio are not allied of the rizzuto's, it's evident it's a war between rizzuto loyalists and bonanno zips who want take over montreal
i also think at this point that cun trera was not on rizzuto's side anymore

Horrible assumption.....Cun trera stepped in as interim boss for the Rizzuto organization once Renda and Nick Jr were gone.

He was the boss of St Leonard and had an iron grip on a lot restos in Montreal. Many people were happy to see him go.

I'm sure we're all aware of that. But you'll be surprised to find out where Cun trera falls today.

Originally Posted By: eurodave
Originally Posted By: Tonymtl
totally false that cun trera was not on rizzutos side anymore. Everyone knows Cun trera would never turn on the rizzutos. Total BS.

Exactly.......either way he`s dead now and it doesnt make much of a difference.

The Arcuris might be the next target, but that`s just a guess.

Dave:

I think you and carmela have similar views about the situation in Montreal, specifically about the behind-the-scenes players who are not in Quebec and about their discreet manoeuvring.

For example, carmela can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that she, like you, recognizes the significance of the interaction in the last few years between Giuseppe "Big Joe" Cun trera of the Toronto area (Sicilian Cosa Nostra) and Giuseppe Coluccio of Marina di Gioiosa Ionica ('ndrangheta).

carmela, I want to emphasize that, as I wrote above, you should correct me if I'm wrong. I also apologize in advance if I've misinterpreted your view.

The whole [BadWord]-Coluccio interaction is a key factor in all of this, even though some people might disagree. The true Sicilian Cosa Nostra members in NYC and Canada who are not Rizzuto loyalists anymore seem to have very close ties to the Siderno Group, which just so happens to be a major cocaine distributor.

Also of importance, many Palermo families are now tied to the ndrangheta or affiliated with them, mainly for the purpose of drug trafficking. I dont think one can overlook these international factors.

As was reported by somebody on the real deal, Rizzuto had become a sort of Canadian super-boss before his arrest for the Italian clans in Canada. Once he was arrested and his family indicted in 2006, both internal and external forces decided to clean house.