Nick Melia isn't a made guy in the American mob (Gambino family), and his boast about turning down his button was probably just that, a boast.

It was always rumored that he was made "on the other side," but not here. And by "the other side," I mean a Calabrian-Canadian cell of some kind, because his older brother Vincenzo was a heavyweight go-between between a Canadian-Calabrian cell and the Stamford area Gambinos from as far back as the '70s.

As far as the Connecticut Gambinos, he has worked with whoever the power of the moment happens to be. From Frank Piccolo to Tommy DeBrizzi to Tony Megale. He's been around the Stamford-Fairfield area forever, and he IS a major league shylock, so he has to pay "rent" to someone.

And I really laughed my ass off when someone posted "is he an up and coming wiseguy," because it was a funny line. But the truth is, his mother lived to be a hundred years old, and I understand that he takes right after her. So this may not be the end for him. If he comes out healthy, he'll hit the street again. It's just his way.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.