Mittens, after bravely consulting the party, has passed on Trump's debate. Trump surprisingly swipes back:

Quote:
“It would seem logical to me that if I was substantially behind in the polls, especially in Iowa, South Carolina, and Florida, I would be participating in the debate. But, I can also understand why Governor Romney decided not to do it.”

Mittens weakly claims he passed because of "schedule" problems. Meanwhile he's planning to appear on FNC much much more now.

Anyway the Party is now panicking and they've sent off their best hitman to take care ofNewt: Karl Rove.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/mitt-romney-has-won-the-karl-rove-primary.php?ref=fpa

NYT/CBS and ABC polls have Newt with a 10+ lead in Iowa, the same as the last few other polls.

Quote:
Among Tea Party supporters, the perception of Gingrich as the candidate best-equipped to defeat Mr. Obama is even more pronounced - 45 percent view him as having the best chances to beat Mr. Obama, compared with 19 percent for Romney.

Quote:
Gingrich, meanwhile, walks away with views that he’s got the best experience to be president: 43 percent say so, followed by a vastly lower 16 percent for Romney, 13 percent for Paul. And 29 percent pick Gingrich as having the best chance to defeat Obama. Twenty-four percent give Romney the best shot; Paul lags badly here, with just 8 percent.

'
Nate Silver:

Quote:
Of the 11 competitive caucuses since 1980, the candidate leading in the polls a month in advance won them 8 times.