Ron Paul has been banned from wednesday's GOP forum hosted by the Republican Jewish Coalition for being "Too Extreme." Why?

Quote:
Paul has downplayed the implications of Iran gaining a nuclear weapon to the point of drawing a moral equivalency between that prospect and Israel having nuclear weapons. He has advocated ending foreign aid to Israel and has criticized military aid to Israel. Paul has also suggested the U.S. was at fault for the 9/11 attacks and that if America should withdraw its forces from the Middle East, terrorist groups such as Al Qaida would leave it alone.

Commentary Magazine compared Paul's views on Israel in particular and foreign policy in general to those of the "America First" isolationists during the 1930s and 1940s who admired Nazi Germany and were deaf to the fate of American Jews. Paul is like those who restrained America's reaction to the Nazi Holocaust, in its view.

Quite frankly, whether one thinks of Mr. Paul's foreign policy views (which range from principled anti-imperialism to naive reactionarism to independent critical thinking) they do not equate the systematic despot-driven extermination and genocidal murder of millions of minorities and dissidents.

Banning someone from your political party's public debate because his views "offend" you? All those assclowns "offend" me, but I wouldn't ban them. Jesus I don't remember any Democratic primary debates pulling such a stunt (even with Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson) to my knowledge.

Regardless if they had or not, this is stupid. No, this is retarded. The GOP applauds itself for standing up for the Constitution, by wiping their ass with it.

(Conspiracy Talk Time: Are people behind the scenes trying to squash the supposed potent (if minority) Paul support in Iowa that could theaten Newt or Mittens? Or is this just blunt ideological orthodoxy policing?)

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/05/11 03:26 AM.