Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Teacher Tells 2nd Graders There Is No Santa Claus

This has hit the local news. This teacher told her 7 year old students that Santa doesn't exist. What fascinated me are the comments at the end. Some are angry at what the teacher did, but others think that parents are wrong for perpetuating the story of Santa, that it's a lie that has led to the commercialization of Christmas.

Personally, I think that children deserve a period of innocence, when they are perfectly capable of believing that some fat, jolly man magically flies through the air in his sled, powered by flying reindeer, and visits millions of children and leaves them the gifts on their list. In exchange, all he asks is for some milk and cookies, and maybe some carrots for the reindeer.

Any comments?

The End of the Rainbow
tongue

I wasn't raised in that tradition so I can't really feel the sense of outrage.
I wouldn't want to mess with other people's kids' beliefs-that's just asking for trouble. On the other hand I'm not going to lie about reality to make another parent feel better. Basically if I was in the teacher's position I probably would tell the kids to ask their parents and leave it at that...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.