Oh boy... (and no, it's not me! tongue )

Toms River man facing DWI charges after crash in Seaside Park
Quote:
BERKELEY — A Toms River man is facing drunken driving and other charges after he stopped at the entrance to Island Beach State Park waiting for the red lights to turn green, police said.

John Polacek II, 49, of Morris Boulevard in Toms River, is facing charges of driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to report a motor vehicle accident and careless driving after he found sitting at the entrance to the state park inside a 2010 Toyota Corolla after police in Seaside Park received a 911 call at 6:21 p.m. Monday reporting an erratic driver headed south on Central Avenue, according to Seaside Park Patrolman Steve Shadiack.

“We got a got from an observer near K Street saying ‘the operator might be intoxicated,’ ” Shadiack explained.

At C Street in the borough a concrete street sign was struck and debris, later identified as belonging to the Toyota Polacek was found driving, was scattered around the area, Shadiack explained.

Seaside Park police informed Berkeley police the suspect’s vehicle was headed in their direction south on Central Avenue, Shadiack added.

Polacek was discovered sitting in the vehicle by the gatehouse guard at the entrance, Shadiack explained.

“The gatehouse guard walked up to him and asked ‘Can I help you?’ and Mr. Polacek told him, ‘I’m just waiting for the light to turn green,’” Shadiack said.

The red light traffic signals at the entrance to Island Beach State Park are turned on whenever the park is closed.

A photograph of Polacek was not available, police said.

whistle

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations