Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Obama may be the luckiest politician who ever lived.
[

You can't win without luck.

No for luckiest politician ever, that would have to be ole Adolf. Seriously its like the fates were determined to let him win despite obstacle after obstacle that surely would've destroyed everyone else.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Wasn't Newt one of the Republicans screaming for Clinton's blood??

Those two were true adversaries who wouldn't piss on each other if either were on fire. Remember that story that allegedly the chief for Newt running one of the government shutdowns was because Clinton made him sit at the back of Air Force One?

Anyway I also remember that anecdote that Clinton purposely copied the argumentative rhetoric* used in his Impeachment trial from Newt's divorce case, just to stick it him.

*=If you must know but I'm warning you, it's disgusting: Bubba (and Newt previously) argued that they didn't actually commit adultery in the "biblical sense" with their respective mistresses because neither internally ejaculated. I told you it was gross. It certainly explains Monica's dress "stain."

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

It's not a reference so much to Mitt's handsomeness or the attractiveness of East German politicians (not one in the last 100 years, really?? lol ) but to the stereotype of German engineering acumen and to the stereotype of East German Olympic cheating. Mitt looks like a politician should look; he's tall, comes across as affable and reasonable but much like an android, he seems to have little ability to connect with people, can't think on his feet or react to changing conditions, and seems to be programmed.

I would also blame it on Arnold Schwarzenegger, who's actually Austrian but I disgress.