Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
...cholesterol is on the rise. My husband's is still over 200, even on Lipitor.

Did you get a breakdown (HDL/LDL Ratio)? That's more important than the total. My last total about a month ago was 211. But my HDL was great (57, should be over 39), and my LDL was good (83, should be less than 99). My VLDL, however, was high (71, should be 40 or less). Didn't even know that was added to the test -- so now it's THREE numbers that combine for total cholesterol! (Sheesh, before they added that third one, mine would've been only 140! lol)

So it's important to know how it breaks down so you know what to concentrate on. "Total cholesterol" is about as useful as knowing your BMI (i.e., doesn't tell you much).

But good for you on the veg diet -- not sure I could do it myself, but I really should at least try it a couple/few times a week just for health/weight. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations