Compiled by Detroit News staff
"There's no place for that in football. Why does he have to do things like that? He's one of the best defensive players in the league. There's no question about that. But that was absolutely one of the worst things I've seen in my life."
Paul Hornung, pro and college football Hall of Famer, to Louisville Courier-Journal

"Somebody needs to get him under control, because he's trying to hurt people. It's one thing to be an incredibly physical player and a tenacious player, but it's another thing to set out to end that guy's career."
Matt Slauson, New York Jets, a former teammate of Suh's at Nebraska, to New York Post

"That's flat-out ridiculous. I think he's delusional. He's convinced himself that he's in the right and he's certainly in the wrong."
Hall of Famer, NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders

"Suh's comments after the game were troubling, too. He has to understand that the officials didn't put him in a position that they could eject him. He did. He put himself in that position. His comments to the press may even hurt his chances with the league and their decision on punishment."
Jim Brandstatter,Lions radio announcer

"Suh met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell recently to discuss his on-field play and afterward said he had a better understanding of how to play the game within the rules. I would say he needs another lesson — or two. Maybe three."
Mike Pereira, former NFL vice president of officiating (2004-09), to FoxSports.com

"If you don't want the world to think you're a dirty player, you might not want to get caught kicking an opponent and grinding his head into the ground."
Kevin Seifert, ESPN.com

"That was a half-hearted apology and he was clearly in the wrong. …The Lions need him. They can't have him suspended. The Lions are in a playoff run and you have to (rely) on your leaders to be there and play well. You can't have that."
NFL Network analyst, former Lions head coach Steve Mariucci

"He's physical, he's nasty, he's aggressive; all of those things I love. But he has to fall short of being dirty and doing ignorant things like we saw tonight."
Hall of Famer, NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin

"I know (Ndamukong) Suh. I've talked to him several times. The person and the player that we see at times, there's a disconnect. Something's going on and he needs to get to the very bottom of it to find out what it is that when someone is getting the best of him, angry Suh comes out."
Hall of Famer, NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk

"Suh made mention of the man upstairs. While he is likely referring to God, he will likely have to worry about the wrath of Roger Goodell sooner."
Maggie Hendricks, Yahoo.com

http://detnews.com/article/20111126/SPOR...n#ixzz1eokoXolQ

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.