I saw this one on TV this evening, too. The pizzeria is close to where I live.

On the news report I saw, the owner's son was interviewed and blamed the nearby overhead subway station for the mice (yeah, right).

Actually, in this neck of the woods, most of the small restaurants, pizzerias, Chinese take-out places, etc., have gotten "A" ratings. It is quite unusual that a place would rack up so many violations that they would be immediately shut down. But I don't know all the specifics of all the violations, so I'll reserve judgment until I read more. The owner and his son said the place will definitely reopen.

But regardless, as SC said, I think $5.00 a slice for what is really just dough, sauce and cheese is ridiculous. uhwhat

In another pizza-related story, two of Manhattan's "famous" Ray's Pizza shops have closed within the last month. I believe one of them also claimed to be the "original" one (I think there were lawsuits over this), but the pizza was average - nothing to write home about, or pay the high Manhattan prices for, either. More of a tourist trap than anything else, I think.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."